Corner Adelaide Road & Railway Terrace
| Fast Facts | |
| Street name | Adelaide |
| Street suffix | Road |
| Town or Locality | Mallala |
Contents
This parcel of land on the corner of Adelaide Road and Railway Terrace has had a variety of business uses over the years. Early in the 20th century, Mr. T. Bridgeman owned the shoe and drapery store on this site, and he also conducted a boot and saddlery repair business on the premises. Mr. W. S. (Squizzy) Taylor, who had been a pastor of the Church of Christ for several years, purchased the business around 1925, and continued selling and repairing similar goods until 1953. At this time Mr Les Jury took over the shop, and it became a haberdashery, drapery and clothing store for several years. Later, when the building was being used as a greengrocer's shop, a fire destroyed the building. On the site, in 1975, a new building was constructed to accommodate The Mallala Ambulance Service and this building continues in that use today.
Related Articles
External Links
Sources
- Mallala Museum research notes
Print
Subscribe by RSS
